- Solid defender who can tackle larger athletes in tight situations
- Can cover middle channels, and far channels in the defensive wall (4 – 12 wide of the ruck). Can tackle backs in wide situations and open-field / transition. Initiates proper line speed and defensive width according to particular situations.
- Excellent pass on the run up to 20 meters. Does not take up receivers’ space when passing. Delicacy of passing skill--can either push-pass short or spin-pass long in the same movement.
- Can attack the tackle line flat & aggressively. Understands depth in relation to options and defensive line-speed.
- Can cover for the back-3 (Fullback / wings).
- Able to perform correct technique of all core skills under pressure.
- All FH passing skill variations.
- All FH kicking variations (for territory or for possession).
- Decision making & game understanding abilities.
Strength & Conditioning
- Repeated anaerobic effort ability
- 5-10m agility at pace
- Aerobic endurance
- 10-30m speed
Long-Term Athlete Development
- U14: Develop FH passing decision making
- U16 & Younger: Ball-movement & defending ball-movement
- U16: Conversion Kicking
- U17 - U19: Kicking & Exits
- 20+: Physicality, contact ability
- Analytical, Quality communicator, organizer, composed, and confident decision maker.