- Solid defender who can tackle larger athletes in tight situations
- Can cover middle channels, and far channels in the defensive wall (4 – 12 wide of the ruck). Can tackle backs in wide situations and open-field / transition. Can defend in isolation, connecting forwards from set-piece with outside backs, maintaining integrity of defensive wall.
- Excellent pass on the run up to 20 meters. Does not take up receivers’ space when passing. Delicacy of passing skill--can either push-pass short or spin-pass long in the same movement.
- Can attack the tackle line flat & aggressively.
- Good poaching skills.
- Able to perform correct technique of all core skills under pressure.
- Ball playing abilities.
- Decision Making & game understanding abilities.
- Kicking variations.
Strength & Conditioning
- Repeated anaerobic effort ability
- 5-10m agility at pace
- Aerobic endurance
- 10-30m speed
Long-Term Athlete Development
- U16 & Younger: Ball-movement & defending ball-movement
- U17 - U19: Kicking & Exits
- 20+: Physicality, contact ability
- A secondary fly-half with additional contact management skills.
- Aggressive, confident decision maker.